For those of you who want to keep up with my little Zachary and baby Brandon,
you can come here to see pictures and read their stories.

Sunday, November 26, 2006

Mommy, WOW! I'm a big kid now!

Okay, so most of you (if you know the jingle) are thinking...is Zach potty trained?!?! Since the jingle is from pull-up diapers, but no he is not. However, he will be getting a pair of underwear most likely with trains or airplanes on them in his stocking for Christmas. This is in hopes to get us all excited about the process, which we can now begin since Zach has been transitioned into a toddler bed. His crib is a 3 in 1, so we took off the rail!





























He can now get in and out on his own. Kinda scarry to me, but I guess he's growing up. I always enjoyed knowing that once I put him in he couldn't get out. Lucky for me he's not big into climbing. I guess I officially have a toddler. It's been about 20 minutes since he went to bed and it seems as though he's falling fast asleep. He cried for the first little bit, but he never crawled out. I don't know if he understands that he can really get in and out on his own. I emphasized a million times though that once we get in the bed we stay in the bed until morning. I'm sure there will be updates on this new adventure. I wish I had taken pictures of the whole crib transformation. Zach had a screw driver and he was standing next to me trying to help with the new assembly. Being a domestic engineer I was the one doing the transformation.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

First of all, tell Zachary how very proud of him Grandma is. Secondly, tell Zachary's mom that Grandma is even more proud of her. I had no idea that you were that close to making this transition. Thirdly, Zachary remaining in his bed until he see's the whites of his momma's eyes reminds me of Jackie when she was little and staying with her daddy and me. She was 5 years old and continued to stay in the bed until we got up and went into her room. I had to tell her that it was perfectly all right to get up when she awoke and she could play or watch TV. Personally, I think she was good either way.
Now, cousin Jaeden is going to be another story. Baby bed or Junior bed, I think we will have to raise his bars up to the ceiling leaving no room for exiting.
Love, Grandma Junie