I've been wanting to do this post for a while and I keep trying to remember all the things Zach does that shout out "I'm 3!!" so here goes
You might be a three year old if while shopping at the store you find it more exciting to stand at the front of the cart and hold on instead of riding in the basket. However you are definitely three if when your dad tells you to hold on tight, you purposely throw yourself off causing your whole body to fall onto the ground. Your mom might think, "one day you'll understand Newton's laws of motion." Another mother will pass by starring in horror at the sight of a poor child sprawled on the floor wanting to cry, but as your mother shakes her head in disbelief she'll look at the other mother and say, "he did it to himself." And they will both smile because with three children inside her cart she'll completely understand.
You might be a three year old if while sitting at the kitchen table you'll find something icky on your plate, pick it up, extend your arm and drop it on the floor. Your mother and father will both ask you to not drop food on the floor, but you will quickly respond with "I was trying to reach the trash can." Sorry honey, the trash can might be parallel to you, but it's still a good 10 feet away!
You might be a three year old if you find bathroom humor hilarious. While trying to say the word puppy that normally comes out as such you may mistakenly sound like you said poopie. Your dad will ask you, "who's poopie?" And you will carry on for 10 minutes laughing at your dad saying poopie, but you will continue to say "Not poopie! A dog, puppy!!" But you at 3 will find this very very funny.
You might be a three year old if you think your dad goes to work to raise money for the family.
(Zach just had a fundraiser at school so I know that's where he got the term, but it was still funny.)
You might be a three year old if you think things magically appear in your house. Your parents might own a new bed for 2 whole days before you remember to show it to your dad, but you'll still find the need to show it off. You will bring your father to his bedroom, hold out your arm and say Ta-da!! Of course your father will still be grateful that you are showing him his new 2 day old bed!
And you might be a three year old if it is the middle of March and you still think you can hear Santa talking at night saying Ho! Ho! Ho!
Monday, March 10, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Cute! I love that age, they do and say the cutest things!
I love the grocery cart thing. And kids definitely love potty humor. PS thanks for the "pants" idea I put on my blog (couples tag.):)
The Santa thing is so true! Alli still says, "Santa is magic becuase he can make it snow, huh, mom?" It was cute that she saw Santa at the mall and asked for snow for Christmas (easy to please) and then as we left it started to snow. However, not so easy to try to teach about the reality of Heavenly Father controlling the weather. Because the stark truth is that--there is no Santa and he has no magic but there is a God and he doesn't use magic either. Chalk it up for experience.
I loved that blog!!!! I can totally relate to every single one of those!!!! But I think my favorite one was the bathroom humor, cause I can't help but think that Ty might encourage it just a little. I can see your family sitting around the table laughing about the word "puppy." That totally cracks me up!!!
Post a Comment